10/5/19 Intermediate Clinic
Intermediate Level Clinic
AUDL Allstar Aaron Weaver
99s player Sarah Kibler
Aviators player Ian Ladner
1pm on 10/5 at McMaster Park
Open to all ages and genders. This clinic is best for experienced players. This clinic will focus on intermediate strategies to bring your game to the next level. You may have played some basic strategies like horizontal or side stack or run basic defenses like person or zone, but this level will bring your game up a notch by learning and practicing strategies used at the higher club and pro levels.
This clinic will allow a small group of players to have the opportunity to work one-on-one with professional players.
The instructors will:
- go through some basic warm ups
- teach intermediate offensive strategies
- develop defensive strategies and skills
- practice the skills you just learned with scrimmages
Please bring a white and a dark jersey, cleats, and water.
Calling all ultimate players
For the fourth year in a row the Aviators have made playoffs, but we need your help to make it happen next year. In an effort to grow the ultimate community in LA, level up the skills that local players have, and create more championship opportunities in the future, we’re introducing a series of monthly clinics.
Each month, there will be a new clinic to help develop talent in Los Angeles taught by professional players. These are completely open to the community so you don’t need to be on a college team, be a club player, or have a membership in any local or national organizations to play. We just want to give everyone an opportunity to learn some new skills from some of the best players in the country and have fun doing it.
There will be 3 levels of clinics:
- Beginner: Open to everyone. This clinic and will go through some basic warm ups, teach an overview of some basic strategies for playing, and will run through drills and plays to help get everyone started on the right path. This level is perfect for a wide range of skills: whether you’ve never touched a disc before or have been playing for years and just want a refresher. This clinic will make sure to build a solid foundation to build on for future success.
- Intermediate: Open to experienced players. This clinic will focus on intermediate strategies to bring your game to the next level. You may have played some basic strategies like horizontal or side stack or run basic defenses like person or zone, but this level will bring your game up a notch by learning and practicing strategies used at the higher club and pro levels.
- Elite: Open to players looking to compete at the highest club or professional levels. This clinic will have a very small class size and will focus on developing specific techniques. Whether you have a specific item you’d like to work on or whether you’d like to learn the strategies the professionals use to win games, this is the clinic for you.